Monday, July 29, 2019

Five Reasons Salvation Is Eternal And Cannot Be Lost


Five Reasons Salvation Is Eternal And Cannot Be Lost




In this very short writing I will show that salvation, if it is truly from God and is a gift given to us by faith in Jesus’ work on the cross, must be once for all time, secure and everlasting, without risk of loss by any means. Ignoring the fact that the word eternal or everlasting is usually used as an adjective for salvation many times in scripture and that alone should prove it cannot be lost, I will give five proofs or reasons based upon God’s word why we cannot lose our salvation. – Pastor Kris Minefee

Reason 1.  Salvation is eternal because it is a gift from God. The salvation we enjoy is the free gift of God thorough his Son Jesus Christ. I receive that gift when I believe in Jesus as my Savior who suffered in my place and for my sin. In and of myself I could not do anything to deliver my soul from judgment and damnation. 

John 10:27- 28a My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life

Ephesians 2:8-9. For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourself it is the gift of God.  Not of works lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Reason 2. Salvation is eternal by the work and sealing of the Holy Spirit. In the gift of the Comforter, I am continually being saved from now until eternity. The gift of salvation is not stagnant but continues constantly through the Holy Spirit to give us renewed life. 

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. 

Joh 7:38-39 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Reason 3. Salvation is eternal by God’s work. Since I did not earn salvation by my work it should be obvious that I cannot keep it by my work. God saved us and He alone keeps us by His efforts not our own. 

1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Psalms 37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.


Reason 4. Salvation is eternal by the promise of God. We are told in scripture, that once we are his children through grace, we can never be lost again. Dare we call God the Father and God the Son liars by not believing this precious promise?

John 10:28b-29 ...and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them

Reason 5. Salvation is eternal by the power of God. It is God’s omnipotence that saved and keeps us eternally secure. If salvation is not forever by the power of God then nothing is sure and everything we believe, even the victory of Jesus on the Cross, is at risk of failure.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 Whatsoever the God doeth it shall be forever nothing can be put to it nor anything taken from it: and God doeth it that men should fear before him.

Psalms 125:1 A Song of degrees. They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.

Psalms 125:2 As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.

Romans   8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans   8:33-39 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Conclusion:
The hymn “Once For All” captures the confidence and joy that a true believer in Christ experience knowing that once they are saved they are always saved.

"Once for All." 
Free from the law, O happy condition,
Jesus hath bled, and there is remission
Cursed by the law and bruised by the fall,
Grace hath redeemed us once for all

Now are we free-there's no condemnation,
Jesus provides a perfect salvation;
Come unto Me," O hear His sweet call,
Come, and He saves us once for all.

"Children of God," O glorious calling,
Surely His grace will keep us from falling
Passing from death to life at His call,
Blessed salvation once for all

Chorus
Once for all, O sinner, receive it,
Once for all, O brother, believe it;
Cling to the cross, the burden will fall,
Christ hath redeemed us once for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment